LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September First. Seventeen Months Old.

We have been ankle deep in potty training rituals this week! Miss Natalie has adapted her potty excellently. She went by her own free will to the potty twice yesterday. Once a pee, and the other time both a pee and a poop. She had the entire family dancing in the living room in excitement over her achievement! She loves being a big girl.

As excited as I am about having three less diapers to change yesterday, the feeling is kind of bitter sweet. My little girl is growing up. With every milestone she becomes less and less dependant on mommy, and less of mommies baby. I want so much to see her grow and do well in life... but then there is a huge part of me that wants to prevent her from getting any older.

She turned seventeen months old today! Seventeen months! She lost her belly button at seventeen days old, started army crawling at seventeen weeks old... and now at seventeen months she is trying to potty train? I know my feelings about her growing up are natural for a mother... but I want to be her mommy. I want her to need me... It's a really scary thought that one day she won't. I figure that will be around my next seventeen with her... She'll probably hate me by then. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment